January 20-26th is National Non-Smoking Week.
The goals of the week are:
- To educate Canadians about the dangers of smoking;
- To prevent people who do not smoke from beginning to smoke and becoming addicted to tobacco;
- To help people quit smoking;
- To promote the right of individuals to breathe air unpolluted by tobacco smoke;
- To denormalize the tobacco industry, tobacco industry marketing practices, tobacco products, and tobacco use; and
- To assist in the attainment of a smoke-free society inCanada.
For more info see: www.nnsw.ca