Frozen Yogurt Almond Bars
- 4 cups (1L) whole grain flakey cereal (choose a cereal with at least 2g of fibre and < 6g of sugar per serving)
- 15 reduced fat graham crackers
- ¼ cup (50mL) almond butter
- 1/3 cup (75mL) unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 cups (750mL) reduced fat frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a food processor combine cereal, crackers, almond butter and apple sauce. Whirl until it is a wet crumb mixture.
- Place half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8” square glass dish. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, measure the frozen yogurt and let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the dish from the freezer. Spread the softened yogurt over the bottom crust. Top the yogurt with the remaining crumb mixture and press gently into the yogurt. Cover the plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- To serve, remove from freezer, let sit for 10 minutes and when soft enough, cut into 16 squares.